Active Learning - Reflection
During PE this year, I think I have shown that I was prepared and very willing to participate in all activities. Even when the activities were not something I really enjoyed in the first place, I still made sure I was going to do it no matter what, because it doesn't matter in the end, as long as I did something. I think I have participated to my best effort on fitness days. I feel more motivated with fitness activities. I think that this year so far has been a really good time to realize that it's a great thing to stop worrying about other people and do what I'm supposed to do. The people around me have somehow motivated me indirectly to keep up. I don't think there have been too many days where I felt like I was struggling. I like doing PE with people I know and can get along with, and I think that is what's been motivating me!
I think I contribute fairly well. I don't contribute the most, and maybe I should, but I don't think it's a bad amount. I think the fact that this class works together really makes the class stand out. I bring a decent attitude. I would complain about an activity at first but then I just let it go and do it. I don't want to bring a negative attitude to class, because that makes the whole class unfun, and it lets everyone else down. But this class mostly makes up of people that try their best to put in their all. I know the other students quite well. I think the Band-PE linear thing helps. Usually, like last year, you didn't really know anybody at first, and you don't have another class with them, but this year, the band-PE relation really helps. Because in band we all have to work together to make good things happen, and same with PE. The relationships we already have a classmates and friends really helps with the overall quality and motivation of the class. I interact with most of the other students since I already know most of them quite well.
My participation during fitness days is pretty good. I think fitness motivates me because everyone else is also doing it, so why not me? I think I've been able to push myself physically with the indirect motivation of the people around me. Just looking at the hard work some people put out really help. It makes me think that I'm not going to be alone when working hard. I don't really know if I have any favourite fitness activities. I don't really mind any of them. There may be a couple I don't like, but I think my thoughts from last year have changed. I haven't really thought about my fitness goals too much. I just want to stay consistent in my fitness levels. I really think it is important for me to maintain a fitness level that is good. I try my best to stay consistent, because I think I'm at a good level. Although I need to do more physical activity when I don't have PE. I'm really bad a motivating myself to do physical activities outside of school, but I think I'll find a way.
To me, leadership means that you have to motivate and help. A good leader knows their people and how they act, a good leader has to be loud and clear. I think our class has some of the best leaders. I think Erlynn is the best leader in our class. She knows what to do and when she needs to speak she gets the attention of others. Although I feel like everyone in our class has the potential of being a good leader in this sort of situation.
I would like to improve my participation in activities like sports. Although that participation has gotten a lot better from last year. I enjoy doing all sorts of activities now, and everyone else have helped me indirectly with their own enthusiasm. I am most proud of all the effort I put into PE this year. Now that I look back, I really feel great at how much i put into this class. I wasn't expecting myself to enjoy PE this much ever in my life. I used to dread doing PE, but now it has really made me feel a bit better inside!
I think the letter grade that best represents my effort is an A. I really put in lots of effort over the last number of months, much more than I expected when I first had my PE class this year.
great goals. looking good, link (> 3 O)v ~~~~~
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you Callista. I am happy to hear you feel more positive and intrinsically motivated to be your best you this year. I think you bring a lovely energy to our class and have noticed your intensity boost on several of our fitness days. I would encourage you to check out some peers blogs as a way to get yourself writing more. Jessica H, Grace, Erlynn, there are lots of them that have started including reflections of class, goals, diet, and home life stuff to paint a whole picture of their health choices. :) To maintain an A in June keep up the attitude and get your blog matching your thoughts. :)
ReplyDelete