Monday, 13 April 2015
Buddies pt. 2
This is ALSO late. Our last time we met up with our buddies again was great. We played the charriot game with them, and it brought us a bit closer to out buddies and their classmates. They really liked the game and participated the whole way through. I tried to give my buddy a chance to get the others pinnie's, but it was hard since I was just with Avani and her buddy. We tried to have one of the buddies play charriotier while the other was a horse. Although I still think they had lots of fun, and I honestly can't wait until our next visit. The games we play ate fun and we enjoy them too, which makes it even better. This experience with our buddies is super great although I can't quite put my finger on what I'm supposed to learn from this yet but it's enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you are enjoying it. Here is a list of questions to consider about the project and what you should be "learning". 1) What is different for you in an activity when you have a little buddy with you? What would you do if you were alone? Why do you think you feel/act this way? 2) What do you notice about the behaviour of a 9/10 yr old? How do their choices mimic or differ from your own? How do they show interest? Listening? Understanding? What do you notice in your own body/mind when they are not listening/on task? How did you choose to deal with it? Why? Did it work? 3) How many times in a class with your peers do yo choose the behaviour you use with your buddy? When? Why or why not? 4) How does it feel to invest energy and responsibility into someone that can't really pay you back? How do you feel when you go out of your way to try harder for someone else to have more fun? 5) What can you take away from this experience to use in your other classes/relationships?
ReplyDeleteI agree it was difficult! But lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're enjoying the time you have with the buddies and this experience has brought you closer with the buddies.
ReplyDeleteIt's so much fun with the buddies right? Can't wait to see them again!
ReplyDeleteMaddie S.
It's so much fun with the buddies right? Can't wait to see them again!
ReplyDeleteMaddie S.
i like how you're continuously happy to try different things in the pe class from buddies to other things! you have a good blog but you can post more pictures
ReplyDelete