1) I did not know my daughter kept a blog for PE at school. Callista has always been someone who enjoys good group participation and is more content when full participation is achived. i am not surprised by anything she wrote. Comments and descriptions of events are definately things she would say. Sometimes its hard to get "the day's events" from her so it was nice to read about them. Reaffirmation about her care and concerns of others. I would give a 20/25. To the point, simple and captures the real-time event.
2) Callista's diet choices are very healthy. she enjoys all foods but especially ones that are good for you. However, exercise is not part of her routine outside of school so i am not surprised to read her comment about being tired and feeling a bit of leg pain after a brief workout. One thing our family is not doing enough of are group exercise activities, although we do make efforts to go for long walks/hikes on the weekends.
20/25 again as above describing the real-time events and being truthful.
Thank you for doing this post. I am glad you got to see a snippet of what she is doing all day. I have the same issue with my oldest daughter and she is only 6. :) I hope Callista is finding a new confidence and appreciation for activity being in a class that is so encouraging. Being an athlete isn't necessarily the goal, but movement and strength of body can be helpful in many ways. Finding exercise that she enjoys will be critical to long term success, as will having a supportive group to share the activity with. Good luck!
ReplyDelete